[TowerTalk] Tower Bolts

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Bolts
From: w0hh@grapevine.net (Tom Champlin)
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 18:21:44 -0500
Having used an HDBX tower in the past, I do not recommend using one.
It is painful and difficult to climb. They tend to fold over near the
top. I had an A4S and Ham 4 plus mast and sleeve bearing on mine. After
every big wind I was always afraid to look at it. I was just lucky. The
local ham dealers discouraged me using one, they said it was meant for
TV antennas. By the way, they require an enormous amount of concrete in
the base so one must figure this into the cost.
  I got afraid of it and gave the whole mess away. I have used a US
Tower crankup since and have been very pleased with it.
73, Tom W0HH