[TowerTalk] Re: tuning M2's 40m1L antenna

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: tuning M2's 40m1L antenna
From: jonk@jskent.com (Jonathan Kaplan)
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 11:23:56 -0700
One problem down, one to go. I checked both the linear loading bar (one set
screw was loose) and the connection to MFJ-259 (original model I
believe)--it was also loose. After tightening them both, the meter settled
down-- at 3+:1 swr!  When I touch one side or the other, the SWR goes to
1.2:1. (BTW, If I'm standing on a wooden swing set, am I grounding the
antenna or just lengthening electrically?)

What does all this tell you about what my next step should be?

Again, Guys, thanks for helping. The quick responses are really appreciated.

Jonathan KO6XS