[TowerTalk] R7000

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] R7000
From: dgf@netcom.com (David Feldman)
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 18:16:21 -0700 (PDT)
>Earlier owners can upgrade to the latest design with the R7000TFK. It
>isn't in their catalog or dealer literature, but they apparently sell
>this kit. My theory is that "TFK" stands for "Trap Fix Kit." Cushcraft
>tells me the kit is $110, plus $7 shipping. I haven't been in contact
>with a R7000 owner who didn't get a TFK for free, though.

My R7000 (early version) lost a trap early this year; cushcraft said
they would not diagnose which trap failed, and offered to sell me the
trap fix kit above (definately not free!) and another replacement trap
the total was ~$170;

The antenna is still up, but probably will just be scrapped, unless
someone can tell me how to disassemble the traps and identify/replace
the failed capacitor (I'm sure a single cap somewhere died).

PS the antenna here is mounted 5' above ground and met it's specs until
it died (which means it wasn't a very great antenna, but was adequate).

73 Dave WB0GAZ dgf@netcom.com