[TowerTalk] more Coax BALUNs

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] more Coax BALUNs
From: The Farm" <thefarm@neto.com (The Farm)
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 08:48:21 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01BECE9E.CAC64A60

After seeing the TT on baluns made of coax, I luked into my ole junk box =
and found one from a TET antenna of the 80's.  It is made of grey =
unmarked coax with a PL259 on one end and round terminal lugs on the =
other... except... the wires on the lugs are coming out of the MIDDLE of =
the doughnut.  What Exactly is This one?  I imagine it actually Drives =
Both sides of the driven element as what I imagine a true BALUN to be?  =
Thank you all in advance for your help in explaining how this one works. =

wv4r/murf

Work like you don't need the money - Love like you've never been hurt -  =
Dance like nobody's watching - Ham like it's a hobby

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01BECE9E.CAC64A60

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>After seeing the TT on baluns made of coax, I luked =
into my=20
ole junk box and found one from a TET antenna of the 80's.&nbsp; It is =
made of=20
grey unmarked coax with a PL259 on one end and round terminal lugs on =
the=20
other... except... the wires on the lugs are coming out of the MIDDLE of =
the=20
doughnut.&nbsp; What Exactly is This one?&nbsp; I imagine it actually =
Drives=20
Both sides of the driven element as what I imagine a true BALUN to =
be?&nbsp;=20
Thank you all in advance for your help in explaining how this one works. =

</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>wv4r/murf</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Work like you don't need the money - Love like =
you've never=20
been hurt -&nbsp; Dance like nobody's watching - Ham like it's a=20
hobby</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01BECE9E.CAC64A60--