[TowerTalk] Securing Coax to Rohn HDBX tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Securing Coax to Rohn HDBX tower
From: n2tk@idsi.net (Tony Kazmakites)
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 20:56:55 -0400
I have used two different types of tie wraps - those that don't say anything
on the bag and those that say "UV light resistant". The non-marked tie wraps
get brittle and basically fall apart from 6 months - two years, regardless
if they are white, black or any other color. The UV resistant ones are still
good after 5 years outside. I understand that you can get UV resistant tie
wraps in other colors than black, but I have not tried them.
BTW, I have had coax slide slightly down the tower when using tie wraps. I
have not had coax slide down the tower when using tape to hold the coax.

Tony
N2TK