[TowerTalk] KLM 80M Dipole Repair

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] KLM 80M Dipole Repair
From: W5ASP@aol.com (W5ASP@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 14:21:36 EDT
 We are considering replacement of the truss wire assembly on a KLM 80 M
 rotatable dipole.  As the antenna is located in a aggressive salt air
 enviroment,  i.e.  on a Caribbean island, the present assemby has reached
 the point of near  total corrosion.  What we need is to find out if anyone
 has found a better  solution than a simple replacement of the parts as
 originally provided by  KLM.  I.e. has anyone tried Al wire, stainless
 cable, etc.

 Since the truss assembly is electically integral to the antenna's design
 the options appear limited.  But if anyone has some ideas, we like to hear
 them.

 Alternatively, are there alternative sources of replacement parts/materials
 for KLM antennas or do we deal dirtectly with KLM.

 Thanks,

 Joe, W5ASP

 P.S. Anyone got an EMail/Web Site for  Press, N8UG the "Wireman" ?