[TowerTalk] Guywire anchors/concrete

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guywire anchors/concrete
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 19:06:26 -0400
> and involvement, i am seeing a lot of housebracketed towers with 1 bracket
> 10-20 ft. high and as many as 4 and 5 sections above the bracket with
> antennas on top that would be marginal if the tower only had 2 or 3
> sections above the bracket(according to Rohn).These things are
> 10-15-20-25-30 yrs. old and continue to stand year after year and defy the
> specs. Truly Rohn must over engineer these things generally speaking for
> those who will not adhere to "good practices."

I'm sure there is a lot of overkill in Rohn's specs.

I use utility company type anchors here, on my rotating tower
(Rohn 55G with a really nice K0XG ring and rotor system) and a
200 foot and 318 foot stationary towers. They are rated at about
twice the working load of the total guy lines I have attached.

I trust them more than "friction" of a slug against dirt.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com