[TowerTalk] Alternatives to Phillystran?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Alternatives to Phillystran?
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 01:57:03 +0100
At 03:44 PM 7/27/99 -0700, Charles Johnstoin wrote:

>What are the alternatives for isolated non-metallic guys other than
>Phillystran?   My real question is if there is a less expensive way to go
>..... maybe a competing product?  Thank you

Take a look At Kurt Andress' web site for Yagistress.  He has done some
very interesting work on various guy materials and their effects on the
properties of towers.

The alternative is pultruded fiberglass rod.  Characteristics
(stretchniess, etc.) much closer to steel than Philly.

73, Pete Smith N4ZR
n4zr@contesting.com

Sometimes a tower is just a tower