[TowerTalk] Parallel conduits

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Parallel conduits
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 09:34:40 -0400
> Besides the safety reason (is there a better reason?)
> there is the financial aspect - your insurance company
> may not pay if they suspect your installation didn't
> follow NEC for something like this.

I believe that needless and silly but very real problem is negated if
he used an isolation device of some sort to feed the wires and does
not make them a branch of the electrical wiring of the house.

NEC does not apply to devices or wiring that plugs in to an
approved outlet, such as power supplies or other equipment.

I know from personal experience in an inspection there was nothing
said about my station and bench wiring, nor wiring that supplied
voltages outdoors, because the stuff "plugged in". I was warned by
the inspector to never permanently connect it to the primary wiring,
or it would not pass. Their concern is up to the outlet, not beyond.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com