Fw: [TowerTalk] TH7 Advice Sought

To: <>
Subject: Fw: [TowerTalk] TH7 Advice Sought
From: (Kurt Andress)
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 08:03:46 -0700
Tom Whiteside wrote:
> I had similar symptoms on one that I built - I had a 40M beam only 6 feet
> away and had thought that this was the problem - fortunately gained
> experience with a friends TH7 before mine went back up and his just behaved
> differently...   Turned out that I had installed the beta match BACKWARDS on
> the antenna!!!!!!   It is easy to do with the instructions and several hams
> missed it also helping check it!!!
> This is my first tribander and managed to work 150 countries with the beta
> match backwards!!!!    Worth checking...
> Tom N5TW

Thanks Tom!
Same experience here, it works lots of stuff, but SWR is not right.

I think you just won the "Help K7NV" Lottery!
This antenna belongs to someone else and was offered as a loaner till I
can get my own stuff up.
It was previously assembled and went together as such.
I just went out there and looked at it again and the matching system
appears to be backwards!

Now I feel really good about going thru the R&R ordeal again!

Thanks to everyone else for the informative replies!

73, Kurt, K7NV