[TowerTalk] Stacking a TH7 + 3 X TH6

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stacking a TH7 + 3 X TH6
From: (Fred Hopengarten)
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 10:51:54 EDT
Fred Hopengarten  K1VR               781/259-0088
Six Willarch Road
Lincoln, MA 01773-5105
permanent e-mail address:
if sending attachments:

On Wed, 4 Aug 1999 15:42:06 +0300 writes:
>I am putting up a TH7 + 2 TH6 at first (44,35,26 meters up) with third
>added later at 17m.  Does anybody have any comments on the possible
>of having a different top antenna?  The feeds are the same lengths an
>observed at the beams etc.  The top rotates separate while the others
>are to
>the same direction (rotatable tower).

Dear Markku:

        I have a TH6 at 97', a TH6 at 61' and a TH7 at 31'. The bottom
one is fixed on EU. When I first installed the system, I had the phase
wrong on the TH7, swapping the two wires from the balun made a dramatic
difference. No one has ever suggested that there is anything wrong with
my mixing of TH6's and a TH7, and it works well.

                                Fred K1VR

Try Juno Web: