[TowerTalk] (no subject)

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] (no subject)
From: (Michael D. Ihry)
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 10:48:14 -0500
I tried to duplicate the length of the pigtails that the TH6 manual
shows for using a coil of coax.  As I recall, the length for the TH6 is
6 3/4 inches.  Some of the guys around here made the jumpers shorter
and shifted the SWR curve up the band.  The jumper is actually part of
the driver element length.  My TH6 is set for the CW dimensions with
the correct length jumpers and the SWR minimums are exactly where the
manual sez they should be.  GL with ur project.

73, Stew...

--- Kurt Andress <> wrote:
> >BTW, I've
> > used a teflon coax balun on my TH6 for many years
> with no problems.
> >
> Stew,
> Another question, Gerald, K5GW, has indicated that
> the factory pigtails
> form part of the impedance matching bizo.
> Did you do anything special to try and replicate the
> factory jumpers and
> inside balun lead lengths or control the spacing of
> the coax pigtails?
> Geralds input suggests I should try to do this.
> --
> 73, Kurt, K7NV

Free instant messaging and more at