[TowerTalk] Stacked tri-banders and 40m dipole - whichantennawhere?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stacked tri-banders and 40m dipole - whichantennawhere?
From: (Gene Smar)
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 20:22:41 -0400

     I, too, am interested in loading a (future) tribander's boom on 40, so
I read some QST articles referred to in previous threads on the subject.
Apparently, the  Yagi's Refl and Dir elements must be electrically connected
to the boom; insulated elements a' la Force 12, Skyhawk won't form the
"horizontally-bent-at-the-ends dipole" that the technique requires.  All you
have to play with as a radiating element for these and similar Yagis is the
boom, however long it is.

     Anyone have any experience in loading insulated-element Yagis this way?
I hope I'm wrong; I'm going to be disappointed if I can't use the
above-mentioned antennas on 40/30.  :>(

Gene Smar  AD3F