[TowerTalk] Pinouts for tailtwister connectors

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Pinouts for tailtwister connectors
From: (
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 09:52:19 EDT
In a message dated 99-08-13 09:23:18 EDT, writes:

> I have a Tailtwister with the 8-pin Amp (round, twist-lock) connector. The
>  control box has a Cinch-Jones connector. The manual I got with the rotator
>  doesn't show these connector pinouts, so I'd appreciate hearing from anyone
>  who has the pinout information (or a link to it) so I can wire the
>  connectors and get the upper antennas spinning on the back tower! Thanks in
>  advance.

Hi, Rus --

       It's just 1 to 1, 2 to 2, 3 to 3, etc.

       The wires for the Amp connector need to be the same length with the
pins on them. Push them in (when you're done soldering) until they 'click'.
Unless you have a pin extractor, this is a one-time, non-reversible operation
so be sure you're ready to go. Or wait until you've got an extractor.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC