[TowerTalk] Concrete Drying Time

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Concrete Drying Time
From: mikemr@nwlink.com (Michael Mraz)
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 23:27:10 -0000
Concrete does not "dry," it undergoes a reaction called hydration,
which requires water. The longer you can keep the concrete moist,
the longer it hydrates, and the stronger it gets. If it dries, then the
reaction stops and it stops gaining compressive strength. The
concrete manual I have shows the graph of compressive strength
versus time for wet-cured concrete, data points as follows:

Days    Strength
3        25%
7        60%
28    100%