[TowerTalk] Mast steps

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mast steps
From: Dick Green" < (Dick Green)
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 03:57:48 -0400
What's the general opinion of using an adjustable rock-climbing lanyard?
I've seen 6-foot woven lanyards with a series of woven loops sewn to them.
You thread one end of the lanyard through one of the D-rings on your belt
(eliminating the need for a carabiner or clip on that end), then put a
carbiner through any one of the loops to attach it to the other D-ring on
your belt. That way, the lanyard can be adjusted to any length up to 6 feet.
Basically, it's two parallel runs of woven material, one on top of the
other. The top layer is bunched up into a series of loops, which are heavily
stitched to the bottom layer. This is so that in the unlikely event that the
stiching on a loop gives way, your carabiner is caught by the next loop (and
the next loop, and so on.) Anybody ever used one of these or is there a
reason why they shouldn't be used for tower work?

73, Dick WC1M