[TowerTalk] Have I seen lightning chimney damage

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Have I seen lightning chimney damage
From: w9ol@dataflo.net (Bill)
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 06:32:26 -0500
I most certainly have. I was a licensed Mason Contractor in the Chicagoland
area for over 25 years.
I was called to look at masonry   (remember there is only one a in masonry)
chimneys that needed repairs many many times.
Lightning strikes almost always produced a spalling of the brick.
Sort of the brick coming apart in thin laminations so to speak.
The other presentation was the large hole, like it exploded from within.

Many times the people never even knew they were hit.
I'd just ask them when the lightning strike occurred and did they have any
other damage.
They were not aware.
In every case that I wrote the bill for repairs to chimney to correct
lightning damage the insurance company paid in full.
Even when they sent an adjuster to meet with me they immediately recognized
the type of damage.
And as to why the lightning hit the building while missing more convenient
structures?
Beats me. If you can figure this one out you bound to make a lot of money.

Bill

come and visit
http://www.dataflo.net/~w9ol
or