[TowerTalk] Lightning 'porcupines' & rods

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Lightning 'porcupines' & rods
From: k9fd@htc.net (Merv Schweigert)
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 18:47:48 -0500
Cannot comment from experience, but noticed when on trips to
China that al parts of the country use very large porcupines there,
they have them on all towers, high rise buildings have huge ones
and smaller building and electrical plants have them on towers
or pipes extending far above the surrounding structures, when ask
about them , the comment was that they work or else they
would not be everywhere..  Dont see that use in the states so
dunno.  FYI  Merv K9FD