[TowerTalk] C31XR & XM-240

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] C31XR & XM-240
From: (mohammad almutairi)
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 14:19:34 -0700 (PDT)
Hello everyone,

This is my first message. PSE QRS

I have recently purchased two new antennas. The Force 12 C31XR &
Cushcraft XM-240.I am planning to put both antennas on the same tower
mast. I have read somewhere that positioning the antennas 90 Deg of
each other helps eleminate any interaction between them , how true is
that ? . The part of mast sticking out of the tower is 9 ft long. In
what arrangement should the antennas be arranged in?, who's on top?.
With regards to spacing the antennas is the 9 ft sufficient.
The tower is about 60 ft high.

The rotor that will be turning the  antennas is the HAM IV .

The weight of the C31Xr = lb 82   W/L 10.5 Sq.Ft
The weight of the XM240 = lb 55   W/L  5.5 Sq.Ft
The mast weight         = lb 40
Total                   = lb 177

Is the HAM IV rotator capable of rotating the 177 lbs mentioned above.

Thank you

Mohammad 9K2UB
Do You Yahoo!?
Bid and sell for free at