[TowerTalk] Unequal guy tensions

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Unequal guy tensions
From: (Steven H Sawyers (n0yvy))
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 05:04:57 -0500
The Rohn book says 25G will handle 8,450 pounds on each leg. I am assuming this
means properly guyed with the guy spacing under 30'.

The 90 MPH chart for a 190 foot tower shows a base reaction of 9,870 pounds.
This is the base load under full wind load. A 190 foot tower has 6 guy levels
for a total of 18 guys 3/16 dia.

The section is designed to take compressive loads and appears to do a pretty
good job of it. So over sized guying on shorter towers (under 100 feet) should
not be a problem.

de n0yvy steve