[TowerTalk] Base for Delhi 48' Free-standing Tower

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Base for Delhi 48' Free-standing Tower
From: (Fred Hopengarten)
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 10:16:20 EDT
Fred Hopengarten  K1VR               781/259-0088
Six Willarch Road
Lincoln, MA 01773-5105
permanent e-mail address:
if sending attachments:

On Fri, 27 Aug 1999 09:47:11 -0300 "Carl A. Smidt" <>
>I am about to pour about 5 cu yds of concrete into a roughly
>5'x5'x5.5' deep
>hole dug by hand in gravel soil, thus making it impossible to have the
>sides smooth vertically.

K1VR:  I do not favor smooth vertical sides.  If the soil ever became
"soupy", I can imagine concrete popping up like a cork coming out of a
bottle.  Rough sides provide purchase.  Better (purchase), faster (no
woodwork), cheaper (no woodwork).

Try Juno Web: