[TowerTalk] Grounding photo link and ?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Grounding photo link and ?
From: (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 17:03:00 GMT
I know of instances where the smaller wire (#4) was vaporized by a
direct strike. In one case the destruction was underground, and the
ham in question was without a ground for his tower until he was
digging for other reasons and discovered the #4 destroyed. I am going
to use a combination of 2-0 copper wire and copper strap for my ground
system. Don't be cheap on the tower ground. Costs <far> less than your
rig or house.

Make sure there are no right angles or sharp turns close to the tower.

On Thu, 26 Aug 1999 20:36:39 -0500, you wrote:

>Could some of you grounding gurus please take a look at the following
>link and lend me some opinions?  Pictured is the bottom of a 70 ft Glen
>Martin aluminum tower with some "trial" grounding connections!  I'm
>struggling with arriving at the best physical attachment for strap
>and/or wire to this tower.  Tnx!
>WA9ALS - John
>Tower Project

73, Guy