[TowerTalk] Guy alignment - friendly wager

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guy alignment - friendly wager
From: (
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 23:14:25 EDT
      Actually I use Method #3. I stand a tower section up at the base
position and sight THRU the tower face to the third leg which is in the
desired direction. This may not be as accurate as a transit but it seems to
work adequately. Tape off the desired distance and you're all set.

     This technique is really handy for siting a tower; that is, determining
where the guys can/will go. You try it once and see that 2 of the legs are
fine but the third one is too close to the garage, you just lift up the
section, rotate it a little bit and sight thru it again. Repeat until

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC