[TowerTalk] Guy alignment - friendly wager

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guy alignment - friendly wager
From: k5na@texas.net (Richard L. King)
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 14:04:28 +0100
This is almost how I do it. I stand up a tower section with a baseplate
attached on the spot I want the base to be. Then with a measuring string, I
measure the distance from the leg that I want the anchor to be. Then I find
the exact spot by looking back at the tower section and centering the
closest leg between the other two. It is exactly like lining up the sights
of a rifle.

This has always worked perfectly for me. I guess it helps if you have
really good far vision, which I do. I just can't see anything within my
hand's reach.

The two methods in the wager are too complicated and too much bother to do.

73, Richard - K5NA