[TowerTalk] 6 meter antennas and metal roofs

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 6 meter antennas and metal roofs
From: (Scott Bullock)
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 20:40:05 -0400
I have a client that wants to put up a M2 3 element 6 meter yagi sidemounted at
the peak of a metal roof on his house. Our first thought is that it's a bad
idea from the standpoint of reflections, but we would like to hear from anyone
that may have already done this.

He's currently building a new house, and the roof is done, so changing the roof
is out of the question :) But he wants to bum around on 6 meters this fall and
winter nonetheless. I can get anywhere from 4' to 8' above the roof peak, which
is very steep-abt 8 in 12 pitch.

The benefit for doing this hopefully will be from being able to get the antenna
40' in the air to give him a signal until he gets a tower up.

We've laid the groundwork for a real first class station, utilizing all 1/2"
and 7/8" heliax cable inside conduit, polyphasers, custom entry ports etc.

What's the collective thoughts of the group, will it work, will there be
problems, and has anyone ever done this?

Advantage Communications

</bigger></bold>Professional Wireless Communications