[TowerTalk] Lubricating cables

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Lubricating cables
From: (
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 22:48:02 EDT
In a message dated 99-08-30 20:14:35 EDT, writes:

> There is a specially formulated type of lubricant for cables.
>  Most cables have fiber wicks at the center of the wraps/braid.
>  As my life depended on the cables I used the special lubricant.
>  You may have to contact a scaffolding supplier for the product.

       Actually Champion Radio Products carries PreLube 6 which is the kind
of product you're talking about. I contacted an engineer at a wire rope
manufacturing company and this is what he recommended.

      It's messy to put on (lots of over-spray) but does a wonderful job of
penetrating and lubricating crank-up cables. Recommended application is twice
a year. More details at

Cheers,  Steve    K7LXC
Champion Radio Products