[TowerTalk] Rebar Cage Construction For Free-standing Delhi Tower 5.5'x5

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rebar Cage Construction For Free-standing Delhi Tower 5.5'x5.5'x5' Base
From: (Carl A. Smidt)
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 09:08:03 -0300
Hi All,

I am having difficulties. I now have the hole and the expert advice on
filling it from this reflector, but I can't seem to find any construction
details of the rebar cage. I have looked in the Rohn catalogue and through
the archives to no avail.
Would any of you have a three dimensional drawing of what a cage should look
like that you could scan and send? Any special rebar to be used and how are
the bars tied together? I know from previous discussions, that the cage
should be kept approximately 3" from the edges of the concrete and not touch
ground, by using Dobie blocks or a reasonable facsimile.
Any help would be much appreciated, Fall is fast approaching up here.

73,  Carl,  VE9OV