[TowerTalk] Rebar Cage Construction Tower

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rebar Cage Construction Tower
From: (ted demopoulos)
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 06:21:56 PDT
I keep hearing that the rebar in a tower base shouldn't stick out of the
concrete - is this really true (and why?)

My local rental/sales place for chainsaws, cement mixers, tractors and other
tower building tools spot is run by a man who used to install commercial
towers. He was just telling me - let the rebar stick out, and just cut it
flush with concrete with a hacksaw!!

Ted, KR1G

To: <>
>Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 09:08:03 -0300
>Hi All,
>I am having difficulties. I now have the hole and the expert advice on
>filling it from this reflector, but I can't seem to find any construction
>details of the rebar cage. I have looked in the Rohn catalogue and through
>the archives to no avail.
>Would any of you have a three dimensional drawing of what a cage should
>like that you could scan and send? Any special rebar to be used and how are
>the bars tied together? I know from previous discussions, that the cage
>should be kept approximately 3" from the edges of the concrete and not
>ground, by using Dobie blocks or a reasonable facsimile.
>Any help would be much appreciated, Fall is fast approaching up here.
>73,  Carl,  VE9OV
>FAQ on WWW:
>Administrative requests:

Get Your Private, Free Email at