[TowerTalk] Any non-conductive alternatives for phillystran?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Any non-conductive alternatives for phillystran?
From: (
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 23:46:19 EDT
In a message dated 99-08-31 23:14:13 EDT, writes:

> Years ago I purchased some non-conductive grey colored guy line from AES.
> It
>  worked very well on my Rohn 25 except for some stretching.

      I think you lucked out. This doesn't sound like legitimate or safe guy

> Has anyone used
>  non-conductive material for guys besides phillystran?  If so, please
>  what kind, aprx. cost, and is it still available?  I need some non-
> conductive
>  guys for light-duty use and they will only be used for a few months.

      Is it for Rohn 25? The only things to use are EHS cable or Phillystran.
Nothing else has the necessary strength.

      For light and short-term duty other than Rohn 25 (push-up masts, etc.),
use any old synthetic rope. Marine stores, industrial supply stores, etc.
have lots.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC
Tower Tech