[TowerTalk] 4 square arrays

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 4 square arrays
From: wa3afs@soli.inav.net (Bruce Goldstein)
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 19:10:46 -0500
My experience has been with pairs of phased coaxial inverted L's
and verticals all of which were supported by whatever skyhook was
available (oak, maple, pine, ash, etc) in two different QTHs.  The
pairs were 160M, 80M, and 40M.

I had kind of expected a slight difference with the change of
seasons (leaves, no leaves), but experienced no measurable
differences.

These antennas all worked superbly and I would expect you would
find that a 4 square in or out of trees would work even better (4 of a
kind sure beats a pair!).

I have used buried radials and radials laid on the ground with
staples wherever necessary.  No difference other than that laying a
radial on top of the ground is a bit easier than burying!

Sure wish I had your 150 foot trees!