[TowerTalk] 80M 4-SQR

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 80M 4-SQR
From: goodnews@mail.cmedic.net (Donald E. Stiles)
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 16:55:59 -0400
Eric and TTers,

The 4-SQU has four sides.  I am thinking of a Delta loop having three
sides.  In my back yard I have a pond that is an equalateral
triangle.  Now, the wire antenna(s).

I have three 60 foot towers, and I want to suspend wire antennas from
these towers at each corner of the triangle or make a Delta loop
having three sides.

The towers will have 12 VDC motors that will raise and lower the
wire(s) over the pond.  The pond's inclination flat and does run over
a dam as water enters the pond.  The inclination that I am talking
about is of the antenna(s) in relation to the surface of the pond.  I
anticipate SWR changes, wave take off angle and other interesting
results of the project.

I am interested in wire lengths, feeding the antenna(s) and phasing of
the aireal.

The antenna will be remotely changed in height and inclination as to
it's relation to the surface and outer edges of the pond.

Perhaps someone can route me to a spot where the Delta Loop is the
topic of discussion.

tnx es 73 de n8csp