[TowerTalk] 80 mtr inv L or vertical

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 80 mtr inv L or vertical
From: cabmas@bankpds.com (Robert Sauvan)
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 17:01:09 -0700

        TT's

        I have recently raised one of my towers from 50 ft to 80 ft.
        I stacked 2 Kt34XA's, one at 50 ft fixed,the other at 82 ft rotatable.
        I am considering either hanging a vertical 1/4 wave wire with
        elevated radials,or possibly use an inverted L with elevated radials
        so as to get a little horizontal radiation for local contesting. My
        question is whether or not either of these are decent alternatives
        or should I just stick with my 80 meter dipole and put it higher on
        the tower.If that is the decision,will I see much interaction with
        the beam stack now? Right now the 80 mtr dipole is not resonating
        anywhere close to where it was before. I think it is interacting with
        a guy wire that is now running close by it since raising my tower
        brought that guy wire to another position closer to the dipole.

                                Thanks in advance,
                                Bob-WT9Q