[TowerTalk] Adjusting elements on TELREX beam

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Adjusting elements on TELREX beam
From: k9zm@frontiernet.net (Greg Gobleman)
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 18:30:18 -0500
Hi Folks,

Please put on ur thinking caps.  I have the TB6EM down for annual repair,
adjustments etc.  The useable portion on 15m has been a bit high in the
band.  10m has been a real pain.  I have a minor dip to 1.5 : 1 at about
29.500.  I found the main dip at 27.680, just right for the outlaws but it
sucks when trying to work Mount Athos.  I tried adjusting the fed element
but only really made a difference on 15m.  So I set 15m for the best, 20m is
fine.  I had the idea that maybe I could shift the passband on 10m if I make
an adjustment to either the 1st director or the reflector both of which are
10m only elements.  It was my intention to leave the 2nd director alone as I
did not wish to effect F/B or anything else on 15 or 20m.

Ideas anyone?  I could sure use a bit of help on this one.  Yeah I know, I
could put up another antenna for 10m.  What's the SWR on 10?  1.5:1 at
28.000 climbing to 3:1 and then a minor dip to 2:1 at 29.500.

Thanks es 73
Greg K9ZM