[TowerTalk] 80 meter buzzsaw

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 80 meter buzzsaw
From: Dinsterdog@aol.com (Dinsterdog@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 09:33:18 EDT
I thought I was having some wierd antenna problem with the 4 sqr-

I have been looking for 2 weeks for a noise source on 75 phone- but couldn't
find it with the portable shortwave.......so I thought something in the array
was creating line noise-

But I found out operators in CA were hearing it too this morning.  It is low
buzzing noise out of the northwest that begins around 1230-1300Z and last for
about 15-45 minutes...sometimes it is 10 over nine- it covers 3.785-3.810 and
is on/off at times and on consistantly at others-  something out of Siberia?
who knows-

Since this started out as a potential antenna problem, I thought I'd post it
here- spare the adjustments- your antenna is fine- hi   from the outer
limits-  Paul  N0AH