[TowerTalk] CC XM240 problem

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] CC XM240 problem
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 13:44:52 EDT
In a message dated 99-09-13 13:26:48 EDT, ni8l@raex.com writes:

> I've been very pleased with my new 40M Yagi that was installed last fall.
>  Since
>  the spring I've been busy building the rest of the station and haven't
>  really used
>  it.  When I did, about two weeks ago, the VSWR was high and resonated at
>  about
>  7.700Mhz.  Planning on taking it down in a few weeks after the twenty meter
>  stack
>  is done.  Anything that I should be looking for?

      The same thing happened to me with a 402CD - one of the capacity hat
wires had blown off. Less capacity and the resonance goes up.

     If they are all intact, I'd suspect a dimension shifted on the driven
element. I think that if it were a trap that the change would be more
extreme. The coax sounds okay so it's probably on the DE somewhere.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC
http://www.championradio.com