[TowerTalk] Guy anchors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guy anchors
From: k6ll@juno.com (k6ll@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 20:50:52 -0600

On Thu, 16 Sep 1999 19:15:49 -0700 (PDT) George Fremin III
<geoiii@kkn.net> writes:

>I was looking at the Rohn book today and on the guy
>anchors I see that you dig a hole (anchor 4a)
>3' x 3' x 4' deep - you only fill 1.5' of it with
>concreate.  This leaves the anchor rod in contact
>with the bare earth.
>
>What I want to know is - what is normally done with the rod?
>
>Do folks coat it?
>Just leave it bare?

Rohn drawing B841300, near the back of the book, says "The portion
of the steel anchors, from top of anchor block to ground level,
shall be coated with Bitumen." I think they mean that gooey black tar
stuff used to repair leaky roofs.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
San Diego, CA
K6LL@juno.com