[TowerTalk] Sunlight tolerant tiewraps

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Sunlight tolerant tiewraps
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 14:39:02 EDT
In a message dated 99-09-19 14:00:09 EDT, dgf@netcom.com writes:

> Is there a preferred brand of tiewraps that would meet this requirement, or
>  should I wrap each tiewrap in (black electric?) tape to shield it (at least
>  temporarily, for the life of the tape) from sunlight?

      Good question. I've seen black tie wraps UV damaged myself so I try not
to trust them 100%. I would try to get some by a recognized manufacturer like
Thomas & Betts or similar who makes commercial products. But even then I
don't have any idea *how good* they'll be.

      My technique is to put the tie wrap on and then cover it with a layer
of electrical tape. This is guaranteed to preserve the tie wrap. It's only a
little more work but works great.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC
Tower Tech