[TowerTalk] CC D40 on 30. Try 1

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] CC D40 on 30. Try 1
From: philk5pc@tyler.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 07:33:50 -0500
>I just took some aluminium wire and shorted out
>the traps by using stainless steel ring clamps on
>either side of the traps.

You are certainly not the first one to fall into this "trap!"

Shortened single band antennas do not have traps.
I see that refrence here on TT all the time, and it is misleading.
Those are LOADING COILS, just like on a mobile whip to make the
element electrically longer.

It appears to me that you would have a stronger, better looking
antenna by using the loading coils ad they were intended, removing
the hats, and sliding the elements in to each other until resonance
in obtained.  Just MHO.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC