[TowerTalk] Balun for 40-2CD

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Balun for 40-2CD
From: dick@libelle.com (Dick Flanagan)
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 22:30:21 -0700
>I read several posts that stated they used the W2DU beam balun on the 40-2CD.
>I was wondering what experiences people have had with this type balun.  I
>have always just used a coax wound balun on all my yagis as I have looked at
>baluns as an additional point of failure of an antenna system. Where I have
>never had a coax wound balun fail I have been involved at several times where
>the balun was the failed part on the system.

I use the Unidilla W2DU beam balun with my 40-2CD and no problem
running 1500 watts.

>BTW I bought W6QHS's book on yagis and plan on strengthening the 40-2CD to
>the 100 MPH spec 40-2CD+.  Someone mentioned W9RE having a kit for this.
>Anyone know the cost and how to get a hold of him.

Michael Wetzel <w9re@worldnet.att.net>

When I bought my 100 mph kit from him, it was $200 shipped.

You can see pix of the antenna installation at
http://www.qsl.net/w6old/antenna.html

Good luck!

73, Dick

--
Dick Flanagan W6OLD CFII Minden, Nevada DM09db (South of Reno)
Visit http://www.qsl.net/cvrc/