[TowerTalk] CC 402cd res point??

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] CC 402cd res point??
From: Guy Olinger, K2AV" <k2av@qsl.net (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 00:16:19 -0700
For dipoles, typical yagis, etc, the resonance of an antenna is the
frequency(s) where the feed impedance at the antenna is non-reactive. At
that point the resistance may or not be 50 ohms. Then if it is not (assuming
50 ohm feedline and instrumentation), the
point of minimum SWR as seen on a meter in the shack will move when coax
lengths are changed. Point of a meter's minimum swr indication and antenna
resonance do not necessarily coincide.

73, Guy.

From: Rich Hallman N7TR <N7TR@Rnodx.Org>