[TowerTalk] LMR400 rotor loop

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] LMR400 rotor loop
From: n4gu@vt.edu (R. Michael Barts)
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 11:25:38 -0400
After lurking (and learning) on this list for several years, I have a
specific question needing the advice of the list. As part of the 'summer'
antenna rebuild, I'm replacing the coax to the beam with LMR400. Is LMR400
flexible enough to be used as the rotor loop or should I use a coax with a
stranded center conductor for the rotor loop? I worry that the solid center
conductor of LMR400 won't take the flexing. Any experience or advice?

FWIW: The antenna is a C4S on an AB-577 mast

Mike N4GU

R. Michael Barts                                              ARS N4GU
Research Associate                                            Grid EM97SD
Antenna Laboratory/Satellite Communications Group
Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University
Blacksburg, VA 24061                     540-231-7280/FAX 540-231-3355
http://lab.ant.ee.vt.edu/                      http://n4gu.ant.ee.vt.edu