[TowerTalk] Tennadyne T-6

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tennadyne T-6
From: Dinsterdog@aol.com (Dinsterdog@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 23:20:25 EDT
In reply for a Tennadyne T-6 Log Periodic opinion.......I've used mine now
for almost three years- For an antenna on a 14 foot boom- it is amazing- I
tested it for months against a TH3JR tribander and it was louder from reports
of 1-4 s units and a lot better on receive-

It has survived some major wind storms and plays well in a pile up- it is a
great antenna!

That said, the down side seems to be the F/B ratio in some situations- (the
T-10 is better from what I have heard) - it seems to be better on long paths
over the poles, or accross the big ponds  vs short DX hops stateside-  on
closer in stuff,  it doesnt seem to have that pin-pointing zing of big
monobanders...but 5 bands, one feedline, and built like a tank- all on a 14
foot boom- its hard to find a better antenna in my opinion in the same size
class-

I also find it fun for stateside contests because I can work DX in front or
behind me- I just point the darn thing east and I work everybody east/west of
me-- not so lucky on long range DX where the F/B seems to improve greatly-
but I think thats what you want-

Handles full legal power and has a decent SWR.....but mounting lower than 35
feet impacted my SWR readings- about 2:1 on average at 30 feet- -  but
putting it up at 60 feet and my SWR bell curves greatly improved-

73  Paul  N0AH