[TowerTalk] best antennas at low height above ground

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] best antennas at low height above ground
From: k1vr@juno.com (Fred Hopengarten)
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 10:55:31 EDT
From:
Atty. Fred Hopengarten  K1VR               781/259-0088
Six Willarch Road
Lincoln, MA 01773-5105
permanent e-mail address:  fhopengarten@mba1972.hbs.edu
if sending attachments:  k1vr@gis.net

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999 21:18:38 -0700 a TowerTalker writes:
> You shouldn' t be waiting for the city to give
>you a suitable height. You should give them the height. According the
FCC
>ruling PRB-1, local authority can not limit the height of an amateur
>radio antenna.
>And further, I believe Texas has recently incorporated this doctrine
>into its own law.
>Bottom line, the city is required to OK any height you need. So choose
>what antenna you want, not what you think you can get away with.

K1VR:  Whoa there, Nellie! This particular TowerTalker should turn in his
license to practice law, as that is NOT what PRB-1 says.  PRB-1 says