[TowerTalk] Elementary question about Skip

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Elementary question about Skip
From: goodnews@mail.cmedic.net (Donald E. Stiles)
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 20:19:05 -0400
Dave,

As the electro/magnetic wave is reflected by the ionosphere and the Earth,
it is changed and the incomming wave front is not going to be exactly as
transmitted.  The changes to the wave may have a dramatic affect on the
ability to receive the transmitted signal.

Not only do you have horizontal and vertical, but right and left circular
polarity as well.  Don't take my word for it, check out a good antenna
book.

Not all is as it seems.

73 de n8csp k