[TowerTalk] Force 12 C-3 Problems

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Force 12 C-3 Problems
From: W4nf@aol.com (W4nf@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 10:54:04 EDT
My C3E is now assembled and ready for tramming up on Sunday.  Can someone
explain in a little more detail this fix to secure the location of the driver
cells on the antenna.  Once it is up at the top of the mast it is going to
stay there awhile.  I would think that using some sort of non metallic flat
material that could be placed on top of the two ten meter drivers and the 20
meter driver could then be drilled and riveted in place to maintain the
required spacing.  Maybe the spacing device should be placed about half the
distance out the ten meter elements.  The 20 meter driver starts its droop
from the boom fairly rapidly so any mod to secure the drivers in relative
position to each other would probably have to be located where the 4 elements
are in the same relative horizontal plane (prior to the 15 or 20 meter
drivers starting their droop). Does the 15 meter driver also need to be
secured?   I'm just throwing out ideas.  Has anyone completed such a mod and
if so how did you approach it.  I would like to implement it as this seems to
be an area of concern with detuning of the antenna.  Thanks, Jack W4NF