[TowerTalk] Tune your boom!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tune your boom!
From: aa4nn@juno.com (Joe L Blackwell)
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 14:22:23 -0400
Hi Kirk,

A very impressive web site even tho you say it is crude.  Excellent
photos.  Just excelent.  Now you must tell the group why you chose
air variables over vacuum variables ???   Parts on hand ?
Air variables are so much stronger, as it were.  No problem with 2KW?

BTW I sort cards in the incoming W4 bureau and know for a fact, you
get a lot of QSL cards.  I also collect, box and send cards to Tom, N4KG,
who is the letter sorter for Ks in the W4 bureau.  Gud DX to y'all.

On Tue, 19 Oct 1999 01:28:59 -0500 (CDT) K4RO Kirk Pickering
<k4ro@k4ro.net> writes:

> I recently built a new omega match for loading the
> boom of my tribander on 40 meters.  A crude web page
> with a few pictures of the old and new units, along
> with a few comments can be found at:
>
>       http://www.k4ro.net/pix/40boom.html
>
> If you want a decent signal on 40 meters and can't swing
> a yagi, give this a try.  It really does work.
>
> -Kirk  K4RO
>

> --
> FAQ on WWW:
> http://www.contesting.com/towertalkfaq.html

Vy 73, de Joe AA4NN
Eastern Top Band ARC,  Carolina DX Assn,  Carolina CW Ops,
Fairfield County Contesters, Ten-Tec only, CW only.
eeetet   ee