[TowerTalk] HY-GAIN RUMOR

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HY-GAIN RUMOR
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry Kutner)
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 15:39:38 -0400
On 20 Oct 99, at 14:56, Dave Jordan wrote:

> ...based on a conversation with an insider at MFJ.  Hy-Gain was about
> to go belly up when MFJ came in an bought up rights, existing stock,
> plus one employee/consultant.  Hardly an accretive merger/acquisition.
>
> Aren't there enough hams out there buying antennas?

That may not have been the problem.  There are a lot of companies
that got sunk by poor management, but we'll never know.
Personally, I've always found Hy-gain to have quality products and
excellent customer service (as opposed to some other antenna
companies written about recently).
And for the future, maybe the sunspots will help all of them...
73 Barry

Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: barry@w2up.wells.com