[TowerTalk] Rohn 35 - "HW" Sections made for Motorola

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 35 - "HW" Sections made for Motorola
From: K7NV@contesting.com (Kurt Andress)
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 20:17:09 -0700

"Mike Nash, ND6A" wrote:

> Thanks to all that replied, regarding this stuff, still would like to find
> some kind of specs. But I guess I can always just use 45 specs and be safe.
> BTW the few of you looking for this stuff, If I decide against the purchase
> Maybe I can get you in touch with him.
> I did forget one thing...How much does this stuff usually go for on the
> used market???
> Thanks again
> Mike...ND6A

Hi Mike,
I think Tom, N4KG mentioned this in his comments.
The Rohn HW tower sections are just 25G tubes with a wider face and
larger bracing. This makes the sections stiffer than the 25G.
The Rohn data sheet I have actually lists lower base compression and leg
compression values than they do for the 25G (old catalogue). Don't know
why....

You can call Rohn.Cellular Products, 309-697-4400 and ask them to fax
you the "HW" sheet.

Definitely, treat it like 25G, not 45G.

Don't know what it goes for, got mine free (?) for taking it down. I'd
put it just a bit more than the used 25G market.

It's nice stuff if in good shape. If deciding between 25G or HW, get the
HW. If you are deciding between HW or 45G, get 45G. I have all three.
The HW will easily accomodate a small prop pitch, if one is willing to
fabricate a removable bolt in diagonal to get it in the tower.

--
73, Kurt, K7NV

YagiStress - The Ultimate Software for Yagi Mechanical Design
Visit http://www.freeyellow.com/members3/yagistress/