[TowerTalk] Supporting mast in 45G below thurst bearing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Supporting mast in 45G below thurst bearing
From: wa9eka@worldnet.att.net (Roger Borowski)
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 21:55:49 -0400
Get a measurement between the mast and one of the tower legs, Go to your
local muffler shop and Get a 2" HD muffler clamp, along with a 1 1/4"
Muffler clamp and have them weld a piece of 1/2 bar stock or something
close, of the appropriate length between the two clamp saddles. This will
hold the mast in position along with preventing the antennaes from
windmilling while the rotor is out! -=Roger-K9RB=-