[TowerTalk] Fence Noise

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fence Noise
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 09:59:27 EST
In a message dated 99-10-31 08:16:57 EST, ATanner283@aol.com writes:

> Anyone have any experiance with electric fence noise??? How can the
>  "pulsing" be nullified at the source????

    Generally electric fence noise is worst when there is some part of the
fence that is being accidentally grounded (i.e. weeds across the bottom fence
wire or branches touching it) or in poor shape. You have to go to the
electric fence and clean up the weeds. Usually owners don't mind you doing
that if you ask.

     I was having some problems with one and the owners said I could look at
it. Turns out the ground wire had deteriorated and wasn't making much of a
connection. Fixed it and the noise went away.

      Problem electric fence noise can be coming from miles away. Remember
that fence acts like an antenna and the noise will propagate.

     Have you found the source yet?

Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech